Seminar "De-offshorization and protection of your investments in Russia and the CIS - Smart treaty planning"
01 June 2016
The Chamber of Commerce Switzerland-Russia & CIS and FRORIEP will hold a seminar about "De-offshorization and protection of your investments in Russia and the CIS - Smart treaty planning".
The seminar will cover the following topics:
- What are the opportunities for Swiss investors in view of current economic and political climate in Russia and the CIS?
- Why investing in Russia?
- How the "de-offshorization" campaign in Russia impacts Swiss wealth management industry?
- Can you protect your client's investment in Russia and the CIS through investment treaties? What is it and what protection do you get?
- How to make sure that any contractual dispute on the ground is arbitrated in Switzerland and not litigated domestically in Russia or CIS?
- What are the advantages of arbitration in Switzerland?
- Mr. Guy Mettan, President, President of the Chamber of Commerce Switzerland-Russia & CIS
- Mr. Jean Marguerat, Partner, FRORIEP
- Mr. Dmitry A. Pentsov, Partner, FRORIEP
- Dr. Franz X. Stirnimann, Partner, FRORIEP
The presentations will be followed by a Q&A session, light food and refreshments.
The seminar will take place on June 7, 2016, from 12am to 2pm at the Club Suisse de la Presse, Route de Ferney 106, La Pastorale, 1202 Geneva.